Single and Dating Anxiety
Maybe you’re single in Atlanta and anxious about how to have fun on your own and not rely on a relationship.
Or maybe you’re struggling with dating anxiety. Overwhelmed by the dating apps, ghosting, and unsure who to actually trust.
You may be comparing your current dating life to other relationships or your past relationships.
I am a LGBTQIA+ affirming therapist and work with all types of relationships.
Interested to see if we’re a good fit?
Are you having trouble with:
- Meeting new people
- Navigating dating apps
- First date anxiety
- Being single and feeling okay with it
- Being happy on your own apart from a relationship
- Identifying green and red flags in potential partners
- Navigating societal pressures and biological clock concerns
Let’s work on:
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- Forming healthy and realistic relationship values
- Practicing self-love
- Getting what you deserve in relationships
What can happen if we don’t feel confident being single or in our dating life?
- We can settle for the next person who comes along
- We can become closed off from dating
- We can set unrealistically high expectations and standards for potential partners
- We can build resentment toward our current partner
- We can let anxiety rule our decisions
After working together, you’ll feel more confident to:
- Find someone compatible
- Be aware of your wants and needs in relationships
- Go on a first date
- Understand your boundaries in an intimate relationship
I’ve been there. I was enjoying dating life in college but wasn’t too sure of what I was looking for in a healthy and lasting relationship. I personally found my husband on a dating app after many dates with people who were not a great fit. It takes time and practice, but a little guidance can go a long way!
What to expect in sessions:
- First, you will attend an 80 minute intake session where we’ll explore your background history and we’ll set some tentative goals. Then we’ll schedule out a few future 50 minute sessions to start working on your goals.
- Sessions occur online as we explore your concerns, possibly using books/workbooks or creative means, process life together, and at times have homework to make sure your new skills stick.
- Let’s work together to hit your goals and feel confident in your decisions to take better care of you.