Highly Sensitive Person (HSP)
You come home from a long day and you are exhausted. Not just tired, but completely drained of all energy.
You try to wind down, but you’re overstimulated and it takes longer than everyone you know to finally breathe and think clearly again.
Maybe people have even said you’re “too sensitive”.
You may be a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP).
There is nothing wrong with you and you’re not alone, I am a HSP myself.
It’s found in 20% of the population and affects both men and women.
Looking for a HSP therapist in Atlanta or online?
I’ve done the work to become more knowledgeable about our part of the population by completing the Psychotherapy and The Highly Sensitive Person Seminar.
If you’re a Highly Sensitive Person you may have some of these HSP traits:
- Pick up on tiny differences or changes
- Reflect and think a lot about many things
- Pay attention to every little detail or change
- Find that you’re more in tune with your emotions
- Notice that you’re more affected by stress than others around you
- Consider yourself creative
- Maybe you’re a perfectionist and/or people pleaser
- Have trouble with burnout
- Experience empathy for others deeply
Check out Dr. Elaine Aron’s website below
Things we can work on:
- How to interact with non-HSPs
- Set up a routine in your life that feels right for you
- How to reframe your thoughts and be kinder to yourself
- Improve low self-esteem
- How to handle constructive criticism and not overreact
- Be assertive with your needs
- How to relax when overstimulated
- Process big changes in life together
- Find great relationships that work with your sensitivity needs
Check out my video below to see if we’re a good fit!