Therapy Services and My Expertise
My main approaches for working with ages 16 and up:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), a combination of mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Mindfulness, a way to be in your present moment and calm your mind.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), a way to improve our thoughts and behaviors to be our best selves.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) a way to practice acceptance of your thoughts and experiences.
Premarital Couples Therapy
My main approaches in working with couples:
- Trained and certified through Prepare/Enrich and SYMBIS , assessments that helps couples improve relationship satisfaction with an interactive workbook to make sure your new skills stick.
- Trained in Gottman Method Couples Therapy, an in-depth assessment and research-based approach full of exercises to build trust and manage conflict.
Anxiety & Perfectionism
If you’re someone that is having trouble with perfectionism, it can feel like there is this never-ending pressure on you to hit un-achievable standards.
You feel a need to be in control of something in your life before everything unravels. Maybe you feel stressed, frustrated, and that no one understands the pressure you have on yourself.
You wish you could wave a magic wand and everything could go according to your plan. Perhaps want to be able to plan your future and feel assured that everything will go smoothly instead of anxious and worried about checking the next thing off your list.
You want to be able to focus on the present moment.
If you’re recently engaged and the excitement has calmed to reality. You want to make sure you and your partner have discussed the big topics before fully committing.
Maybe you and your partner are doing well in some areas of life but you wish there was better communication.
You want to be sure of your future and set a sturdy foundation for marriage.
Gottman Method Couples Therapy