Hi, I’m Daniel!
I am an Associate Professional Counselor in Georgia. I love to help individuals (14+) and couples. I am passionate about working with people who feel exhausted and out of options.
Those who find me to be a good fit may be experiencing concerns such as:
- Sex Therapy
- Relationship concerns
- Trauma related to gender, race and/or religion
While working together, tell me what your hobbies and interests are. What are your go-to’s when having a tough day? What has worked and what hasn’t? We will navigate your struggles and concerns by introducing new skills to help you better manage your days.
Primary techniques we’ll use include:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
When I’m not serving as a helping professional, I enjoy listening to podcasts and a wide variety of music. Playing golf, reading, gardening, or playing with my 3 cats and 3 dogs.
Supervised by Natalie A.N. Elliot, LPC, LMFT, CST, CPCS, CST-S and Directed by Rachel Dorneanu LPC NCC.
Learn More About Daniel!
- Therapist Intern at an Intensive Outpatient Program; co-facilitated teen TF-CBT and DBT groups
- Masters level therapist providing in-person and virtual sessions to individuals and relationship structures in Georgia and Florida
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from the University of Kentucky
- Master of Arts in Sport-Exercise Psychology from Argosy University
- Bachelor of Arts in Sport Management from Warner University
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors & Therapists (Early Career Member)
- American Psychological Association (Associate Member)
- Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia (Associate Member)
- Associate Professional Counselor – Georgia, #APC009153
- Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern – Florida, #IMH22568
- Core Skills in Emotionally Focused Therapy/ ICEEFT
Instructor: Paul Guillory, PhD
- Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy/ICEEFT
Instructor: Robert Allen, PhD, LMFT
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy/PESI
Instructor: Lane Pederson, PsyD, LP, DBTC
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy/MUSC
Instructor: Daniel W. Smith, PhD